Saturday, April 1, 2023

Day 1 of filming!

WE FINALLY STARTED FILMING LETS GOOOO!!!!  We're finally somewhat on track!! Making progress!!!!  Although our filming schedule has changed since the last time I discussed it on the blog, we still put time aside on Saturday to film as much of Acts 1 and 2 as we could.

On Thursday after school, we had gone to Becon to rent filming equipment from Jim, and we now had all we need to set up shop.  So, Virginia, Jack, and I met up at my house where we transformed my brother's room into Diego's incel dwelling.  Filming was somewhat complicated, considering that I have very limited experience, and Virginia prides herself mainly on screenwriting and acting more than actual cinematography.  This definitely threw a wrench in our plans, and we spent way longer than we should have setting up each shot, orchestrating both lighting and composition.

In the end, I think that we got something that we can very much work with, but it didn't really hit it out of the ballpark for me.  This is a little worrying, but I just hope that we can work with Clara and possibly Ren to produce a more advanced shot composition for the later scenes.

Regardless, we made a lot of progress.  We managed to film most of Act 1 (except for a few scenes that require Diego to be talking to some friends online), and we got a lot of the TikToks for the Act 2 montage done as well.  These were quite fun to film, lol.  We were all cracking up as Jack yelled into my phone about his superiority complex.  Anyways, good progress has been made.  I'm pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

After nine long weeks of Circus Monkey taking over my life, I'm beyond relieved to announce that all components of the project are final...