Thursday, March 30, 2023

Having to work twice as hard

Hello all.  Today in class, we put time aside to divide ourselves into small groups and discuss our projects.  In doing so, there was a lot I learned about what direction to take.

First of all, I really enjoyed the opportunity to be table to converse with my peers about the ideas we have coming into the project, and listening to their feedback.  When discussing Circus Monkey, they all seemed really excited about the film, and they all had good things to say.

However, I've gotten to a point where I'm quite nervous about the fate of this project.  When discussing how far along everyone is with my group, I realized that most people were wrapping up filming, and had already created the print component.  This subconsciously told me that I need to hurry my shit up!

I realized that our group has developed a sense of notoriety, and that only makes me want to push harder to be able to realize out vision.  Regardless, I'm worried that we won't be able to execute it.  These thoughts of failure have been plaguing my brain for the last week-or-so, and I'm excited to finally start filming and get ourselves back on track.

We'll start filming this weekend, so expect a blog to come then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

After nine long weeks of Circus Monkey taking over my life, I'm beyond relieved to announce that all components of the project are final...