Sunday, February 13, 2022

a new era

We are starting our media portfolio, a giant conglomerate of a project that will take us 9 weeks to execute from start to finish.  This project, which consists of creating an original storyline and script, as well as executing it through filming, editing, and sound production, will be worth half of my final Cambridge exam.  As such, I wish to be thorough and methodical to achieve the end goal of producing a piece that not only meets the Cambridge standards, but also that I am proud of.

As of now, I have begun to conceptualize an idea that I quite like.  My goals are to create a character-driven, dialogue-led production, as I believe writing to be my strength (when compared to my directorial techniques).  Additionally, I plan on creating a script that requires as little actors and setting changes as possible, in order to facilitate filming and scouting.  

I plan to spend this week researching and finalizing my ideas, so that I have a head start when it comes to actually filming.  I’ll be documenting my process on here, so stay alert!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know...sounds like you are just saying what the "man" wants you to say. Lofty goals for sure. I also like the way you pledged to use "little actors". Hopefully I read that correctly.

    ReplyDelete

Project Components

After nine long weeks of Circus Monkey taking over my life, I'm beyond relieved to announce that all components of the project are final...